Chicken Katsu Don
Author: Dennis from Blue Bamboo
Recipe type: Japanese
Serves: 4 servings
- Dust salt and pepper on chicken and dredge in flour, 2 of the eggs, and panko.
- Heat ½ inch of oil in a frying pan and deep fry at 350˚F until golden brown. Drain
chicken on paper towel.
- Bring seasoning ingredients and onion to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and
cook onion until wilted.
- Put fried chicken in seasoning mixture and turn the heat up to medium high heat. Pour last egg
- When egg is half cooked, turn off the heat. Serve rice in a bowl and layer chicken
and egg mixture on top. Serve garnished with Ichimi togarashi and green onion.
*Note: Chicken can be baked in the oven instead of fried.